You are in the market to buy new commercial flooring. There are plenty of choices. It can be difficult to choose between commercial carpets made of natural fibers and synthetic materials such as nylon or polyester. You can’t just choose any rug. Your guests will be impacted by the flooring you select. It must also be durable to withstand heavy foot traffic and meet industry codes and regulations.
You’ve come to the right place if you are trying to decide between nylon and polyester carpeting. You can use the following comparison to help you choose which material is best for your building.
Nylon Carpet: Benefits
The nylon carpet is the most durable fiber available on the market. The durability of nylon carpet means that it can withstand long-term wear. That’s not the only benefit. Installing nylon carpets has many other benefits.
- Resilience. Resilience.
- Stain-resistant. Solution-dyed nylon carpets are stain-resistant because the color is attached to all fibers, not just those at the top.
- Recyclable. The Nylon Carpet keeps our planet cleaner for longer by keeping it out of landfills.
Polyester Carpet Benefits
The fiber polyester is soft, comfortable, and hydrophobic, meaning it repels liquids easily. The vibrant, bold colors of polyester can give your commercial space a touch of personality. What else can polyester carpets do? Here are some of the benefits that polyester carpet can offer:
- Water-resistant. Polyester carpet will not stain or degrade if your guests track mud or water on your floor or splatter their soda, juice, or any other liquid.
- Sustainable. PET polyester, which is made of recycled materials (one of spring’s top trends), makes it an eco-friendly and sustainable option for commercial spaces.
- Cost-effective. Polyester commercial carpets are typically cheaper than nylon.
Nylon or polyester carpet: Which is right for you?
Polyester and nylon are both durable, comfortable options for commercial carpets. Each material has been treated to prevent spills from becoming stains. Both nylon and polyurethane are soft to the touch, adding comfort for guests or employees.
While nylon is more durable, it does not protect as well against moisture or stains. Which one is best for you? Details are key.
Where will you place your carpet? Do you want your carpet to be able to handle heavy foot traffic, or do you prefer it if it protects against spills and stains? Are you looking for an eco-friendly, sustainable mat? Do you want to save money? Before you purchase and install a new commercial carpet, consider these questions.